Annual Meeting Abstract Submission
The American College of Rheumatology and Association of Rheumatology Professionals invite you to submit an abstract to ACR Convergence and take advantage of the opportunity to have your work peer reviewed by experts in the field.
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Is Open
The call for late-breaking abstracts is now open. The submission deadline is October 3. Notification of abstract acceptance will be sent in October.
Please refer to the Call for Late-Breaking Abstracts Guidelines for Submission for complete instructions.
Abstract Submission Eligibility
Persons Eligible to Submit
- Members and non-members of the ACR and ARP are eligible to submit an abstract.
Abstracts Eligible for Late-Breaking Submission*
- Truly late-breaking, high-impact scientific research for which results were not available at the time of the June 8 general abstract submission deadline.
- Late-breaking abstracts describing clinical trials or original and groundbreaking basic science may be submitted.
*IMPORTANT: Abstracts that do not meet these criteria will not be reviewed.
Abstracts Not Eligible for Submission
- Abstracts submitted in the general abstract submission but not accepted should not be submitted to the late-breaking category.
- An abstract is ineligible for consideration if it reports work that has been accepted for publication as a manuscript (e.g., full-length article, brief report, case report, concise communication or letter to the editor, etc.) prior to the late-breaking abstract submission deadline of noon ET on Tuesday, October 3.
- An abstract is ineligible for consideration if preliminary data were available at the time of the June 8 general abstract submission deadline.
- Multiple abstracts may not be submitted for one study unless substantially different research questions are being addressed in each abstract.
- Case reports are not considered appropriate and will not be reviewed.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Call for General Abstracts Submission Guidelines
- Call for Late-Breaking Abstracts Submission Guidelines
Abstract Submission Timeline
The late-breaking abstract submission deadline is October 3, at noon ET. Notifications will be sent in late October.
Prior to notification of acceptance:
- After noon ET on Thursday, June 8, presenting authors may submit a request to have an abstract withdrawn
- All requests for withdrawal can only be made by the presenting author and must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
- Withdrawal requests must include the following:
- Abstract ID Number
- Abstract Title
- Presenting Author's Name
After notification of acceptance:
- A link at which to accept the invitation to present will be sent to the presenting author. If the author declines the invitation, the abstract will be withdrawn.
Removal of a withdrawn abstract from the online supplement of Arthritis & Rheumatology cannot be guaranteed if the request is received after Monday, August 28. However, the abstract can still be removed from appearing in the ACR Convergence online program after that date.