Annual Meeting Travel
ACR Convergence 2024, the world's premier rheumatology event, will be held November 14–19 in Washington, D.C.: Where Rheumatology Meets.
Visa Information for International Attendees
Types of Visas
To attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference, international attendees must obtain a B1 Business Visitor Visa.
View B1 Business Visitor Visa information
If your country is in the Visa Waiver Program, follow steps to request Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).
View Visa Waiver Program information
Visa Requirements & Timing
The exact requirements to obtain a visa vary depending on the country from which you are applying for a visa. To help ensure your participation in ACR Convergence 2024, review the visa requirements for travel to the United States, the required documents, the visa application process, the nearest United States Embassy or Consulate, estimated wait times, and application and processing fees as soon as possible.
Because visa applications are subject to a greater degree of review than in the past and due to global staffing shortage and administrative delays, it is essential to apply for a visa well before your travel departure date, ideally at least six months before the event start date. We recommend reviewing the interview wait time for the location where you will apply for a B-1 visa, if applicable.
Review visa requirements and timing for travel to the United States
Basic Steps to Obtain a Visa
- Fill out the online visa application form (Form DS-160):
- Upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160.
- Pay the non-refundable visa application fee, if you are required to pay it before your interview. If your visa is approved, you may also need to pay a visa issuance fee, if applicable to your nationality.
- Schedule your interview with the United States Consulate or Embassy in the country where you reside.
- Prepare for the interview:
- Print the completed application form confirmation page to bring to your interview.
- Gather and prepare the required documents before your visa interview.
- Attend the interview.
- Wait for via approval. You can expect a response regarding your visa approval (or denial) at least a week or two after your interview.
Note: The ACR has no influence or role in the visa process.
International Attendees: Letter of Invitation
To assist international attendees with the visa application process, the ACR is pleased to provide a letter of invitation for those planning to attend ACR Convergence. Complete the top section of the letter with your personal information, then download and/or print the letter.