Recognize a Rheumatology Change Maker
Rheumatology Change Makers are those on the forefront of the field of rheumatology and working to start and/or support an initiative or intervention, bringing a program or idea to reality, or improving the quality of life of a group or community: A true leader, an inspired visionary, or a front-line professional willing to do whatever it takes to keep things going. Rheumatology Change Makers may work with or for an organization or initiative. Others start movements or organize people on their own. Whatever they do, they think of rheumatology before themselves. They likely do not think that what they do is special or praiseworthy; they are filling a gap that they see.
Since 2020, the ACR and ARP have recognized these heroes of rheumatology through the Rheumatology Change Maker program. Anyone can nominate a peer, colleague, mentor, or anyone in the field of rheumatology who has gone above and beyond what is expected. Rheumatology Change Makers are recognized on the ACR website and on social media.
Nominate a Rheumatology Change Maker
Nominations are accepted throughout the year. Neither the nominator nor the nominee is required to be an ACR/ARP member.
Before submitting a nomination, please review the following:
These are just some of the myriad reasons to honor a Rheumatology Change Maker:
- Creates an example for the rest of rheumatology to follow.
- Provides an occasion to highlight community issues and raise awareness for legislative or regulatory change
- Demonstrates that even one person can generate change
- Inspires others to do what they can
- Moves the rheumatology field forward locally, nationally, and globally
- Any individual or any company/organization
- Direct reports
- Patient caregivers/family
- Patient advocacy groups
- Professional associations or organizations
- The activity must be voluntary and not assigned as a condition of employment or recruited because of a professional connection or affiliation
- The nominee donated resources without consideration from remuneration valued professional services
- The nominee does not need to be an ACR/ARP member